AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Sequence Problem - Looks right, sequences wrong

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drathak
467 Views, 2 Replies

Wire Sequence Problem - Looks right, sequences wrong

First, a little background.  The symbol shown in hte first attached image uses extra TERM?? attributes to hold what would normally be done with the TERMDESC?? attributes.  If I were inserting these coils as single symbols, that's what I would have used, but since these are always used in 3 phase sets, I want one block to represent that.  So I had to use the extra TERM?? attributes.  (TERM03, TERM06 & TERM09)

The pinlist for this is shown below the symbol and it's exploded parts and works like a charm. 

The problem comes in when I try to do a wire sequence on this.  As you can see in the second image, even when using the "Pick Mode" the pins reported don't match what is clearly visible.  In one instance it is picking up the pin on the oppsite side of the device (Y21) and another is picking up the extra TERM?? value.  (V02)

Running the "Show Wire Sequence" command, it looks right.  (See image 3)

Any ideas what might be causing this?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: drathak

Have to agree, really strange.

If you zoom in at the connection point.. there aren't any duplicate X8TERMXX (or similar) attributes there? 
Hard to tell from Image #1 😄

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: rhesusminus

No, it looks clean.  But I may have found the problem.

My XTERM attributes are as follows.  From top to bottom then left to right, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06. I'm going to try shifting those to account for the extra TERMXX attributes.  It shouldn't matter, but maybe it does.

And that fixed it.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost