AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Sequence Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dianamichelle33
475 Views, 3 Replies

Wire Sequence Issue

I'm having difficulty getting the wire sequencing to work correctly. I completely deleted the wire and re-drew it connecting only to 4 components, but when I go to do the wire sequencing it is still showing the other components that are no longer on that wire network. Am I missing a step?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Did you delete using AutoCAD erase or AutoCAD Electrical delete?  Try a database rebuild.  Go to the command line and type AEREBUILDDB, press Enter, and click Full Rebuild.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4

Thank you that worked Smiley Embarassed I should have known to try that.

Message 4 of 4

Glad that helped.  Kudos are appreciated.

Anytime you catch yourself using an AutoCAD command on an Electrical drawing, rebuild the project scratch database. 

Hint: Use the CUI Editor to add the Rebuild/Freshen Database command to your ribbon.  I suggest locating it on the Project Tools as shown in the attached screen capture.  After you move it up to the ribbon panel click in the Name field at the right of the CUI Editor and name it Rebuild DB.  Set the buton style to Large with Text Vertical. (see attached screen capture)

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost