AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number in same sheet, and different sheets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cuasuavdd
904 Views, 5 Replies

Wire Number in same sheet, and different sheets

In Acade,

i set wire number like %S%N and as line reference, format reference as X-Y Grid (A,B,C.....01,02,03...)

my wire number like this: 01A01, 02A02.  (sheet+grid) This wire number will be showed in this form in all different sheet.

Can i make like this:

-Wires appear inside one sheet (for ex: sheet 01) have wire number just show Grid, not including sheet (for ex: A01, B07) though the real number for construction is 01A01, 01B07.

-Wires come from other sheet (sheet 02) have wire number show including sheet+Grid (02A08, 02B01...)

This will make my drawing simplier.

Thanks

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
algerj
in reply to: cuasuavdd

Hi Cuasuavdd,

Yes you can do that.

Right click on the drawing and go to it properties to override the main style.

In your case remove the %S from that sheet.

%N represents the Wiring format number (rung, X, or X-Y Grid).

Acade_Drawing Properties.png

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 3 of 6
cuasuavdd
in reply to: algerj

That means if Wires appear from the sheet you remove %S go to other sheet (using arrow source destination) will have wire number without including sheet number.

Message 4 of 6
algerj

Hi Casauavdd,

For Source and Destination you have to change the Cross Reference Tag.

You have 3 tags that you can set in the project which can be overridden in the Drawing properties.

Component tags, Wire tags, and Cross reference tags.

You may need to change all 3 to achieve what your doing.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 5 of 6
cuasuavdd
in reply to: algerj

Hi James Alger,

Thank you very much.

I checked and see that we can do (as discussed) if we change drawing propertes and overide Component tags, Wire tags... . but if we retag, renumbering in project (all sheet change) .... all will become not right.

You can see in tab cross-references of drawing properties or project properties.... we can choose among format for same drawing and between drawing... what i want in wire numberring seem like as cross-references. we have two format for same drawing and between drawing.

Sory if you dont understand what i mean.

Message 6 of 6
algerj

Hi Cuasuavdd,

Are you trying to truncate the wire numbers?

If thats the case I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

And that can't be done, unless you write a script to take the Wire number and Generate a new piece of text with the truncated number.

From your posts it seems like you wanted to change the wire numbers to just the Reference (%N) instead of sheet and reference (%S%N). If this is the case then follow the info below:

Project properties will of course affect the entire project, hence the name "Project" properties...LOL

Drawing Properties ONLY affect the Drawing that you make the changes on.

The Cross Reference tags are used to pass a reference from one page to another. This can be set project wide first then tweaked (in the drawing) for the few pages that you want to only see the references instead of the Sheet-Reference. (if its only require on a few pages) By the sounds of it you need the Cross-ref on all pages to have the Sheet - reference Tag, which would be done project wide.

As I had mentioned before it would be a combination of the tags... I had hoped that you would test out the combinations and find what you needed on your own.

Thats ok, For your specific requirements you will need:

Project properties - Wire numbers tags- set to %N

Project properties - Cross reference tags - set to %S%N

Don't forget to apply the project properties to all existing drawings

That should give you what you asked for in your first post.

Regards,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost