AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number does not change: Please Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
331 Views, 4 Replies

Wire Number does not change: Please Help

Hello When using ACAD Elec., I find my wire nos. dont change even when it encounters components. To test the thing, I inserted one wire and put two relay coils on it. On doing automatic numbering, I find only one wire no. is being assigned while ideally there should have been three. I used the Show Wires utility and find it is correctly showing wires. I am confused as to what is it that I am missing. Can somebody please help. Thanks and Regards Abhishek Singhal
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Abhishek, Looking at your sample drawing, the problem I see is that the drawing's "CONFIG" is set up so that the wire connection "trap" distance is much too large. The wire segments are interpreted as being "shorted" together, therefore only one wire number is generated. To see this problem, select the "CHECK WIRE" command (under the "Spool of Wire" toolbar flyout). Pick on one segment of the three-phase bus. AcadE will draw, in temporary graphics, the extents of the wire connection "trap" distance around the wire segment. The temp graphics should show the trap distance to be very tightly hugging the wire segment. But in your test drawing, the trap is shown as a very large rectangle around the wire segment. This trap distance is actually capturing an edge of component in the adjacent phase and so on, so all three phases end up being "shorted together" and processed as a single wire network. One way to quickly fix this is to go to the AcadE "CONFIG DRAWING" toolbar button (next to last toolbar button) and select the "Scale" button (in the upper right-hand part of the dialog). You have the "mm full size" button selected. Change it to "inch". This should fix the problem for this drawing. On this same scale dialog, I notice that you have the "feature scale multiplier" set to 10.0 (to scale all of your symbols up by a factor of 10). I think, long term, it would be good for you to scale each of your symbol .dwg files up by the factor of 10 and then be able to "feature scale multiplier" back to its normal value of 1.0. If you decide to do this, there is a utility in AcadE that can process a full subdir of library symbols, scaling them in a "batch mode". Go to the "Electrical" pulldown > "Component misc" > "Symbol Lib Text Size Wizard". Hope this helps! Nate.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

One more thing... if you do decide to scale your symbol library up by a factor of 10.0, then you will probably need to set up your drawings with the CONFIG>Scale set to "mm full size". Otherwise the "trap" distance will be very, very small compared to the size of your symbols and wiring and you may run into problems with AcadE not seeing two wires connected if they don't exactly touch each other (the "trap" distance allows wires to be considered connected even if they don't exactly touch).
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks ! "Nate Holt (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:3ffc6d77_4@statler... > One more thing... if you do decide to scale your symbol library up by a > factor of 10.0, then you will probably need to set up your drawings with the > CONFIG>Scale set to "mm full size". Otherwise the "trap" distance will be > very, very small compared to the size of your symbols and wiring and you may > run into problems with AcadE not seeing two wires connected if they don't > exactly touch each other (the "trap" distance allows wires to be considered > connected even if they don't exactly touch). > >
Message 5 of 5
Lintt

Another thing that can cause wire number to not change across a component is if one mistakenly types a zero rather than the letter "O" into the third character space of the block name.
(Thanks again, Nate)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost