AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number Locations

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DaisySunday
1169 Views, 6 Replies

Wire Number Locations

I've done an extensive search on this issue, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for so I'm hoping someone here can help me out real fast.

We are trying to set up wire numbers that are located at either end of the networked wire - usually at terminals on various symbols, but I can't seem to find an option for this in my project file settings or drawing settings. Is this even possible?

thanks!

Daisy

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
metal_pro2
in reply to: DaisySunday

There is limited placement options but I think you need to unselect "Centered" and select "Offset" and then enter an offset distance.

Go to-

- Drawing properties

- Wire Numbers Tab

- New Wire Number Placement

Centered Specifies to insert the wire number tags in the center of each wire segment.

Offset Distance Specifies a fixed, user-defined offset distance from the left or top of the first wire segment found on the wire network.

Message 3 of 7
DaisySunday
in reply to: metal_pro2

Thanks for your response! Yeah, I've been all inside of properties and tried every variety of combinations - still not numbering on either end of the wire.  I need labels that (without the use of a leader) will place themselves at connection terminals. It seems like this would be simple, so I'm sure I'm missing something :o).

Message 4 of 7
johnq

Hi Dasie

I think I can do what you have explained and require

I finished with a wire number breaking the wire and at one end.  All can be adjusted.

What I did was to set the with number settings in the Project first.

Ckick the drawing where the numbers are required.

Click update project details.

Set the wire position as required.

I hope the screen shots explaing what I have done, it is want you want and I have explained whay Ihave done.

Please over look the crook file names  I cant look at the screen and type at the same time.

Cheers  John Q

Message 5 of 7
johnq
in reply to: johnq

Hi Daisy

Sorry about miss spelling your name.

Another shot of what I finished with.

Have I missed the bus?

Cheers  John Q

Message 6 of 7
DaisySunday
in reply to: johnq

Still not quite what i'm looking for although that did get the wires to the end of the wire. Thanks for the attempt - I've been on the phone with Autodesk and still no solution either - I think we'll have to defer to a programming solution.

Message 7 of 7
DaisySunday

SOLUTION FOUND!!! So apparently to make wire labels appear where my company wants them (at all terminals and end points of the wire) I needed to embed an OPTIONAL attribute into my symbols called "WIRENO"...this HAS to be created in the optional tab in your AESYMBUILDER not in the required tab as I tried previously. This particular attribute automatically links to the terminal and when the wire number button is pressed it populates the override I created! Thank you all for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost