AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Nouman
Message 1 of 3 (71 Views)

Wire Number Insertion Problem !!

71 Views, 2 Replies
03-29-2004 02:00 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just started using Autocad Electrical for our product design. I have a problem with wire number insertion.

I created my diagram ( by cutting and paste from a previous backup drawing) and inseted wire numbers using the tool provided. The size of wiere number inserted is 5'' by 2'' and and i am unable to reduce the size. However, when i insert wire number in my backup drawing it displays them correctly. I can't use this back up drawign as its incomplete.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Nouman Saeed Raja
Eletrical Engg.
Mid-American Elevator Co.
Distinguished Contributor
rstein
Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: Wire Number Insertion Problem !!

03-30-2004 07:39 AM in reply to: Nouman
check to make sure the units of measure are the same on your new drawing as they were on your old drawing. also check thing like dimscale. I would also check the text style dialog, sometimes that has a text size typed in that will override others.
*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: Wire Number Insertion Problem !!

03-30-2004 09:36 AM in reply to: Nouman
Nouman, It could be a "Symbol LIB" issue. Your current project probably has the "IEC2" symbol library set up to be the default. It is scaled to units appropriate for millimeter insertion (2 unit text size). On your backup drawing you probably already have an existing wire number block/insert that comes from the "JIC1" or "JIC125" library (English units, 0.1 text size or so) on your drawing so it's not going out and getting the "2 unit" version. As a test, select the "Symbol LIB" button in bottom left-hand corner of the "Project" dialog. Check the "schematic library" search path. Nate.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community