AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number Insertion Problem !!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nouman
232 Views, 2 Replies

Wire Number Insertion Problem !!

Hello Everyone,
I just started using Autocad Electrical for our product design. I have a problem with wire number insertion.

I created my diagram ( by cutting and paste from a previous backup drawing) and inseted wire numbers using the tool provided. The size of wiere number inserted is 5'' by 2'' and and i am unable to reduce the size. However, when i insert wire number in my backup drawing it displays them correctly. I can't use this back up drawign as its incomplete.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Nouman Saeed Raja
Eletrical Engg.
Mid-American Elevator Co.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rstein
in reply to: Nouman

check to make sure the units of measure are the same on your new drawing as they were on your old drawing. also check thing like dimscale. I would also check the text style dialog, sometimes that has a text size typed in that will override others.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Nouman

Nouman, It could be a "Symbol LIB" issue. Your current project probably has the "IEC2" symbol library set up to be the default. It is scaled to units appropriate for millimeter insertion (2 unit text size). On your backup drawing you probably already have an existing wire number block/insert that comes from the "JIC1" or "JIC125" library (English units, 0.1 text size or so) on your drawing so it's not going out and getting the "2 unit" version. As a test, select the "Symbol LIB" button in bottom left-hand corner of the "Project" dialog. Check the "schematic library" search path. Nate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost