AutoCAD Electrical General

Contributor
manikandaprabhuc
Message 1 of 2 (696 Views)

Wire Number Format

696 Views, 1 Replies
12-02-2011 04:25 AM

Hi,

i need to show my Wire Number as attached Format.

anyone Please  guide me to achive that.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Manikanda  

Regards
Prabhu.C
Engineer-Tech.Support
KKM Soft
Autodesk Authorized Reseller
India
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 2 (668 Views)

Re: Wire Number Format

12-04-2011 06:39 PM in reply to: manikandaprabhuc

What you seek is not possible without some customization.  However, bear in mind that what is commonly referred to as a wire number is actually the number of an electrical node.  It has more to do with the electrical potential of the wires in the node (i.e. voltage) than it does the components on either end of the wires in the node.  That is why it is usual and customary for the "wire number" to appear the same on all of the wire markers for each end of each wire in the node.  It is a troubleshooting tool.  The From/To List will contain the node number (a.k.a. wire number) and the From and To component connection information.  I have my panel shop print a 2-line wire identification label. The first line is the node number and the second line is the component/pin assignment. Obviously, the second line of the label is different for each end of a wire.  I have basically merged the DIN/IEC standard for marking wires with their connection information (helpful when replacing a component) with the U.S. standard of marking the wire with a node number (for troubleshooting).

Hint: AutoCAD Electrical uses the term network to refer to a node.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community