AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ASSEMBLYCODE / ASSEMBLYLIST work here?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
232 Views, 1 Reply

Will ASSEMBLYCODE / ASSEMBLYLIST work here?

I use ACADE for our hydraulic and pneumatic drawings as well as our electricals.  We currently use hydraulic power units that we have custom built for us.  I have been asked to have our schematics show all of the components that come on the HPU on our schematics as "reference" parts.  Would I use ASSEMBLYCODE and/or ASSEMBLYLIST to do this?  I have never used either of those, and in fact have no idea what those two fields are for or how, when or why to use them.  Is there a detailed instruction on their use anywhere?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

The assemblycode and assemblylist are for sub components.

Using a indicator as an example...

Several different coloured lenses would each be the main part with a assemblycode of INDICATOR.

The mounting bracket, lampholder and plain globe would have a assemblylist of INDICATOR as well.

When you insert any lens and select the cat number for the lens, the part numbers for the globe, lampholder and mounting bracket would also be added to that component.

This allows the BOM report to list all the required parts with their cat numbers - for example (cat numbers omitted)

1 lens red

1 lens green

2 globes

2 mounting brackets

2 lampholders

ACADE does come with both a PID and Pneumatic library of symbols for you to use. To tie them to the electrical symbols where needed, you have to use the WDTAGALT attribute. Do a search for that term in the electrical help and it will go into it further.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost