AutoCAD Electrical General

Message 1 of 2 (72 Views)

When I try to edit an existing AutoCAD Electrical block an error occurs.

72 Views, 1 Replies
01-14-2014 08:14 AM
When I try to edit an existing AutoCAD Electrical block an error occurs. I choose the symbol builder command, then I choose the "specify on screen" option and now in the Block Editor window it shows the block but now the name has changed to a default name of "HDV1_001" which is not the name I previously save the block as. This now occurs in every project file. I tried the AutoCad repair option available in the window control panel, but this did not repair the problem. any idea as to why it is not assigning the name i gave the block when i choose to edit it in Symbol Builder?
Mentor
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: When I try to edit an existing AutoCAD Electrical block an error occurs.

01-15-2014 07:44 AM in reply to: MCI_ELEC

I've never tried going that route, so I did and I get the same thing.

The way I edit existing symbols is by using the drop down box near the top.  This has never failed. (See attached image)

I think that when you use that method (with or without checking the "specify on screen" checkbox) ACADE assumes you are making a new symbol since you didn't select an existing one to edit.  That behavior may have changed at some point because I seem to remember being able to pick a symbol using the "Select Objects" button in the past and it worked just like picking one from the drop down.  But that was early on and I may be mistaken.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principal Associate Engineer
Nashville Electric Service

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community