AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to edit an existing AutoCAD Electrical block an error occurs.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MCI_ELEC
300 Views, 1 Reply

When I try to edit an existing AutoCAD Electrical block an error occurs.

When I try to edit an existing AutoCAD Electrical block an error occurs. I choose the symbol builder command, then I choose the "specify on screen" option and now in the Block Editor window it shows the block but now the name has changed to a default name of "HDV1_001" which is not the name I previously save the block as. This now occurs in every project file. I tried the AutoCad repair option available in the window control panel, but this did not repair the problem. any idea as to why it is not assigning the name i gave the block when i choose to edit it in Symbol Builder?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drathak
in reply to: MCI_ELEC

I've never tried going that route, so I did and I get the same thing.

The way I edit existing symbols is by using the drop down box near the top.  This has never failed. (See attached image)

I think that when you use that method (with or without checking the "specify on screen" checkbox) ACADE assumes you are making a new symbol since you didn't select an existing one to edit.  That behavior may have changed at some point because I seem to remember being able to pick a symbol using the "Select Objects" button in the past and it worked just like picking one from the drop down.  But that was early on and I may be mistaken.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost