AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What symbol for a thermal relay?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4249 Views, 5 Replies

What symbol for a thermal relay?

Hi, i´m drawing a motor starter circuit, where i have an overload relay for protection. What symbol is the right one for the coil? It´s a relay coil but it´s only activated when there is an overload current. I was thinking that using a normal coil would be confusing.
Any help is appreciated.

Saludos.
Alejandro.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a motor starter coil in the motor submenu of the icon component insert menu. But the relay you describe may be considered a system interlock, in which case I believe a standard control relay coil symbol would be acceptable.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Take a look at the bmp attached. We use a generic Motor Starter coil and have the NC contact as the OL. If the coil does overload, the result is to open the line. It is not an exact presentation as to the graphics but the functionality is what we were after. We tried to minimize the stuff we show and try to stick to the function. Hope this helps!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the tip.
My circuit is pretty much the same as yours (expect the contact is somewhere else). The thing is, i wanted to distinguish the coil as being an overload one, like it doesnt activate when normal current flows through it. But if there isn´t a standar symbol for overload coils, maybe i´ll just add a Text to it stating so.

On other (similar) subject, the overload coil is on a three phase wire, so i´d need to look like three linked coils, but on reports show up us one item. But coils don´t have link attribute, help anyone?

Thanks.
Regards.
Alejandro.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

We've done this as well. This may help. See bmp.
Message 6 of 6
quistjm

Alejandro,
Is the attached file any help?
Regards,
Jerry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost