AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you folks do!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
johnq
369 Views, 6 Replies

What do you folks do!

Hi Folks.

No, I am not looking to head hunt anybody.

When you folks have any number of new drawings that are finished and are customer copies,  Are they all at the save revision? 

If for some reason design changes are made,  Do you uprev the complete set or just the changed sheets?

If it is the changed sheets how do you handle the "Title Block Up Date"?

Is a REVISION attribute included in the Default update?   Then if one sheet is changed how to you stop this one sheet from being changed with a title block update.?

I know there are many "IFs" in these questions and I have describeld what I am on about with out too much confusion.

Cheers  John Q

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathalekar
in reply to: johnq

Hello John,

Being an old member of the ACADE community here, do you use Vault ? how's your experience with using Vault client as version maintaining software in combination with ACADE ?. If not using due to some reason, did you give a try but did not suit your needs ?

Message 3 of 7
Icemanau

I have an Issue (or revision) attribute in my title blocks. As changes are made and dwgs issued, this gets updated manually.

As not all dwgs will be updated for a change, dwgs can and do have different issues when finalised and issued to the client.

With the title block update, I have an Issue line and use that to set the very first issue and deselect it for every other title block update on that dwg. Usually there are no changes once the first update is run.

When you do a title block update, the Issue field can be de-selected or selected like any other field to be updated. As I usually only run the one title block update (when I create the dwg), I have set the default update to include the Issue attribute.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
johnq
in reply to: mathalekar

Hi Mayuresh

The company I under stang has Vault 2012 but it has not been implimented it as yet.  I understand the plan is to do it one day.   We are on ACE 2012 and at this stage no plans to upgrade.

I have not used VAULT nor do I know much about it.  Head office would want to install it first.

I am on the east coast of Australia and the head Office is on the west coast.  Approx 3,400 miles apart.

Cheers  John Q

Message 5 of 7
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad

Thanks for your thoughts.   A good solution and I will hold it in my feeble mind ( I hope) for when a decision is made to redesign our borders. 

By borders are working well but some aspects are not liked and I am waiting for devine intervention.

Cheers  jq

Message 6 of 7
Icemanau

You should redesign your title block when you are in a slow period and then send it up the decision making chain as a proposal.

I have a 3 part dwg number that combines the project number, the dwg number and then the sheet number.

The maximum sheet number is also included along with several fields to duplicate attributes.

I've attached a copy for you to see how it all works. The numbers along the top can be changed using the standard attribute editor and allow the co-ordinate system to flow from sheet to sheet. Fields along the bottom duplicate the top attributes. The divisions are 50mm for both the horizontal and vertical co-ordinates which simplifies everything.

The full dwg number on the LHS is made from fields which duplicate the Project number-Dwg NUmber and Sheet Number on the bottom right. The "'sheet number' of 'sheet max'" is also a field which ties to this while the sheet max is filled by the title block update tool.

The logo is a seperate block which can be changed if the company changes it again. I'm still waiting for an updated logo from the last change though.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad

Thanks for your input.  I wish I could impliment the sheet count feature in ACE,  Management is wiser than I.

The compant title block here is a 125mm strip across the botton of our drawings.

Cheers  john Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost