AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDP file information

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
crosby.109
661 Views, 5 Replies

WDP file information

This may be a question for Doug,

I have been writing a program to automate the creation of projects and I was wondering if there was a place with information on what is what in the wdp file.  I have reversed Engineered the following:

*[n] : descriptions for title block update

// the middle body is obvious

= : drawing section

=== : DESC1

=== : DESC2

=== : DESC3

=====SUB= : subdirectory

My main question is what defines the sheet number?  It doesn't seem to be stored in the wdp and I have issues even when the sheet attribute is predefined and copied into a project sometimes . . .

Thanks!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
crosby.109
in reply to: crosby.109

I have found "Overview of the project file format" but it doesnt explain the Sheet Number property and where it is stored . . .

Message 3 of 6
jalger

Hi Crosby.109,

The Sheet value is temporarliy Stored on the WDP for whatever sheet is currently open.

It's Stored in

?[13]

the drawing Value is stored in:

?[46]     

I train an advanced AutoCAD Electrical course where i go Through the entire WDP. (Customization Practices , vault Setup, all of the secondary files etc.)   (Yes i have a list of everything, the main Body is not quite self explanitory... there are hidden values, multiple options not shown)

Most of that list is actually in the help file now.

That said, You can use the Title block Update to Take care of all of that, I would Automate that before i would mess around with the temporary values in the WDP.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 4 of 6
crosby.109
in reply to: jalger

Thanks!  Yea I already have the Title Block Update automated but as far as Sheet value goes it will update the "Sheet value" per drawing but it seems in each drawing the sheet value is stored away inside of the WD_M block of each drawing making it impossible to automate a change in Sheet Values if creating a project through cpp

Thats alright, I just have to make sure this value is predefined and have my program pull the right one.

Message 5 of 6
rhesusminus

If you have programing skills it shouldn't be too hard to create a small routine that opens the DWG's "in memory", edit the WD_M block and save the file.

A quick google search for "ObjectARX open DWG without AutoCAD" gives multiple hits that might be of interest.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: rhesusminus

Another option is to place a call to the Project Wide Update/Retag as the last line of the routine.

The command to call this function can be found by looking at the customisation screen of your CUI.

Then just do a sheet resequence starting at '1'.

You can even do the title block update or change some of the configuration settings if required in the same pass as the sheet re-sequence.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost