AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD_OPEN_DWG command not running when drawings are opened.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jfeyes
390 Views, 2 Replies

WD_OPEN_DWG command not running when drawings are opened.

I removed the astrix from the front of this line in the wd.env file.

WD_OPEN_DWG,(command "_.ZOOM" "_E"),AutoLISP prog or expression to autoexecute when dwg opened from PROJ dlg

and it does not seem to execute when drawing are open. I have AutoCad Electrical 2014.

This is just a comment for the Electrical Product team.

-- The performance of the product is horrible (networked multi-user env) my thoughts...

MDB database OUT!!!!!! sql express IN <---- this one should have been done 4 releases ago.

LISP functions with crappy documentation OUT!!!!!! .NET API replacements IN <--- also a long time ago miss by autodesk.

Fully support layouts for panel drawings i.e title block updates don't work on layouts past the first one!

Need a way to allow for sub-projects with their own titleblock settings, a sub wdp and wdt if you will.

To use this product it is almost mandatory to customize it especially in larger organizations. The stuff I am talking about isn't the drafting related configurations, this product is great in that area, it's the customizations that require some code writing to achieve, like adding a button to parse the BOM into our MRP system, to do this stuff we need well documented API's that can be used in .NET languages like C# or at least examples of how to deal with a list of lists of lists from a LISP function in .NET, the API function to get the panel BOM doesn't even return the data, it produces an external file that then has to be re-read and parsed----frustrating. If you browse the Autodesk developer forums you wouldn't even know Electrical was one of your products? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: jfeyes

The expression in WD_OPEN_DWG executes only when using the AENEXT/PREV commands.

I totally agree with you when it comes to the API. Something has to be done.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
shuhn
in reply to: rhesusminus

This didn't used to be the case.  It functioned, even just clicking a drawing from the PM, up until we upgraded to 2023.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost