AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Port

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Yeletah
756 Views, 4 Replies

View Port

Can anyone advise?

Using autocad electrical 2011, trying to set view port.

Border is in paperspace

Drawing is in model space

When I set to model space, I see the view port box line, & the cursor appears over the drawing

All works fine

However unable to re position the black line above which the cursor is visible which i am assuming is a view port line

in view manager, no command to set the view port box, the black line around the drawing, is there a command missing

compared to acade2010?

I have tried creating a new layout view, but this name appears under the model view list and the size of view port box never changes

also tried VPCLIP in the command line- to no avail

everything works, except I have no control other size of view port box!

can ayone help?

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jared.bunch
in reply to: Yeletah

Hi Steve

It sounds like you are actively "in" the viewport.  If you try double-clicking outside the viewport boundary, you will no longer be actively within the viewport and you should be able to select it and resize it.

I hope this helps!!

Jared Bunch
Principal Experience Designer
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Yeletah

Thanks

when I click outside the view port box, the border becomes active (paperspace) and view port box disappears then nothing to select.

on normal autocad 2008 its not a problem?

attached is an example, is the black box a view port? can this be resized?

should I have a command on acade 2011 to set view port under view manager? maybe the software has not installed fully?

Thanks

Steve

Message 4 of 5
jared.bunch

Hi Steve

Thank you for attaching the drawing!  Looking at the drawing, it appears as though your view port has been placed on layer "99" which is currently turned off.  If you turn this layer on and double-click outside of the view port to activate "paper space", you should be able to re-size the view port.  Also note that a majority of the view port is "under" some lines of the title block, so it could be hard to see it.  I have included a few screen captures to add some clarification around what I found and the actions I performed on the drawing you previously attached.!

I hope this helps!!

Jared Bunch
Principal Experience Designer
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Yeletah
in reply to: jared.bunch

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I have spent hours/days frustated by this problem, such a relief

I have always assumed view port lines was indepedent of layer structure!

Thanks for the solution & clear explanation

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost