AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ACE2012 to draw Isometrical circles

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
johnq
874 Views, 10 Replies

Using ACE2012 to draw Isometrical circles

HI folks

Do any of you folks ever uses ACE2012 to do strtaight mechanical drawings?

I swap the profile to AUTOCAD and do my drawings.  Usually they are just variations on boxes and circles.  IE  a cabinest for a shettie to make.   Nothing fancy using splines.

I have noticed that some functions that are in 2005/7 seem to be missing but i can get around these so I will not bore yo with these details.

What I cant do is an Isometrical circles.  I could do these using 2005 so it is not I cant do 'em,  I do not seem to be able to do them using the CAD function in ACE2012.

Has any one actually drawin Iso Circles using ACE2012

Cheers  John Quigley

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rhesusminus
in reply to: johnq

Hi.

Use the DSETTINGS command to enter the drafting setting dialog.

Set snap to iso, and make sure you have the old-fashion dotted grid in model space.

SnapGrid.PNG

Now, use the F5 function key to toggel between the iso-planes. Draw circles with the ELLIPSE command, using the option Isocircle (which is only available when snap is set to isometric).

IsoCircles.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 11
johnq
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi

Thanks you for taking the time to answer my question.   I am afraid to say I have been doing what you suggested.

With some reluctance I would like to ask my question again:   Has anyone actually used ACE2012 in ACAD mode to draw Isometric circles?

Kibnd regards  John QUigley

Message 4 of 11
rhesusminus

To answer your question: Yes.

What appears to be the problem?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 11
johnq

Hi

My problem is I cant draw isometric circles using the ACAD profile in ACE2012.

I am quite familiar with this function using AC2005/07 Mechanical 9 but I cant make it work in ACE2012.

Cheers  john q

Message 6 of 11
rhesusminus

Can you be a little more specific?

Is the problem setting the snap/grid to isometric?

Doesn't the F5-key work to change iso-plane?

Having trouble with the ellipse-command?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 11
johnq

G'day

It is the elllipse command that is not working.  I am unable to get to the INSCRIBED parameter.  F5 is changing the crosshairs.

Message 8 of 11
Icemanau

F5 changes the crosshairs according to the ISOMETRIC views.

Did you follow the step by step instructions from an earlier post?

If so, you should have a grid showing in isometric format. The F5 toggles which view you want to work in. This is reflected in the crosshairs changing.

The other problem is, you are trying to use the incorrect command. You need the ELLIPSE command, then the ISOCIRCLE option rather than the INSCRIBED option.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 9 of 11
rhesusminus

First of all, the ellipse-command does not have an "Inscribed" option. The polygon-command does.

Second, the "Isocircle" option for the Ellipse-command do NOT appear, unless you have set the snap to Isometric, according to the instructions above.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 11
johnq

Hi All

My face is red,  I used the wrong word.  I do know th difference between isocircle and in/circum scribe.

I had time at home to revise how I do isometric circles on AC2007 and Mechanical2009. 

The default seem to be the 3 point ellips on the older versions and the isocircle option is desplayed.

I noticed that the isocircle option would be displayed but the command line would go straight to the    enter points.

The problem could have been me not clicking on the correct symbol for an ellips.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Cheers  John Q

Message 11 of 11
alaina

Hi All,

I'm working in AutoCad 2013 for Mac. I'm working with Isometric Drafting and my F5 function key will not work as a toggle for my crosshairs. Is there any other way to change out the crosshair configuration? I've been investigating but no luck so far.

Thanks,

A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost