AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
341 Views, 4 Replies

Update Block

I have altered the following: -
- The vertical wire number block in iec2 folder to move the number closer to the wire.
- The project symbols library to point at my iec2 folder
- my wd.env file to point to my iec2 folder

When i place a wire number on a vertical wire is places it to far away until i do a update/swap block which then put them in the right place. My problem is that when i do the next wire number it reverts back to the wire numberbeing to far away again. Is there something i'm doing wrong or is it the fact that i already created the project before i altererd the wire number block and so can't purge out the old block?

regards
Shaun
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

More Help
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Have you tried the Swap/Update block utility in ACE?

This tool will automatically purge and replace the block definitions in the drawing with the newly defined one.

The command is found on the Schematic palette>Edit Components>Swap/Update Blocks.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Elect74 but As I said originally thats the problem. I'm doing that already but I want it to be correct when i insert the wire number and not have to swap/update every time.

regards
Sdbell
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hmmm, sorry I missed that. Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, the Swap/Update block command should have redefined the block in your drawing, and any subsequent insertions should be using the new block definition in that drawing.

If it works correctly on the drawing you did the Swap on, but not on other drawings it may be a library path issue.

Can you post the files that I could take a look at? Perhaps the original drawing and the new wire number block? I'd like to take a closer look.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report