AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Cross-references

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
290 Views, 3 Replies

Unwanted Cross-references

Hi all,

I am new at Electrical. We have started to draw our electrical projects by Autocad Electrical 14. One of the circuit breaker in a kind of complicated project that drawn before had cross-refferance to unknown components and i can not to surf to because the destination is not existed anywhere i could not find the destination. It happens to an exact tag numberred components. When I change the tag number to something else the problem is removed but when i retype the same tag to the same circuit breaker the problem exists again. I should keep same that tag number. 

But in some computers this problem does not occur. The common computers have same issue use common library from server. the outer computers operates cross-refferace with any problem for this project. the problem project has started from default library than continued from common library. 

In the attached picture yellow marked refferences are not existed can not be removed.

It is a bit confused but we welcome every comment. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried to rebuild the project database using the AEREBUILDDB command?

If not, give it a try. This project scratch database is stored locally on each computer and that might be why some computers hva trouble with it while others do not.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: rhesusminus

You mention that the project is on a server, does this mean that different people are working on the same project at the same time?

Doing so does cause a lot of problems with different dwgs being out of step with different computers as the computers tend to have the project database as a local file. This means that person A makes a dwg change which is written to the local databse, meanwhile person B is also making a change to a different dwg which is written to their database.

Some problems arise when the change that person A makes affects the saved dwg to person B is working on. The change may be made to the saved dwg, then overwritten by the version person B was working on. This would include components being added and cross referenced by person A, then having those components vanish but leaving the cross reference when person B does their save.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for the tips.

The main problem is the equipment panel views are corrupted. these are additional drawings by us. we have deleted them and rebuild the switchboard front/inside view again. It solved our cross-refference problem. Normally we can not change the drawings of a project not belonging to us. Only one computer even if using the common project. Others only looked this project to reference to their projects nothing more. But We will consider your warnings for the future possible faults thank you very much.

The AEREBUILDDB command did not solved the problem. Thanks again.

B/R

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost