AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Attributes on Symbol not Linking to Footprint

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
crosby.109
487 Views, 3 Replies

Unique Attributes on Symbol not Linking to Footprint

When creating a unique attribute in the Symbol (ex: COLOR), and adding the corresponding attribute to the Footprint (ex: color), When laying down the Footprint from schematic component it doesn't find that value.  It WILL work if I do the same thing but change the attribute name to somthing familiar like RATING1.

I just dont want to use these attributes.  Any thoughts why it isn't linking?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
crosby.109
in reply to: crosby.109

i just tried adding a number to end (ex: COLOR1) but still no luck.  Let me know if anybody can get this to work . . . it seems like a relatively fundamental issue

Message 3 of 4
rhesusminus

I guess you're stuck with using the RATING attributes.

However, if you put a description for the rating in the prompt-field, it will display in AcadE's dialog:

Capture.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 4
drathak

The problem is that the underlying code doesn't have any way to know about those additional attributes or be able to match them up.  The "known" attributes are hard coded into the software.

Would be very nice if it did work that way though.  But for now, you have 12 RATING attributes to play with.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost