AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
mgoolsby75
Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

Uninstalling ACE

63 Views, 1 Replies
01-26-2012 10:21 AM

What will happen to the job database that ACE has built in it's system if I uninstall. Can I retrieve my work if uninstalled?

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 2 (54 Views)

Re: Uninstalling ACE

01-26-2012 08:22 PM in reply to: mgoolsby75

Drawing data is stored in the drawings.  The database is only used by the software as a sort of scratch pad to expedite its own internal functions.  You can delete a project database and Electrical will rebuild it the next time you activate the project.  AutoCAD Electrical is the only program of this type that is so robust.  The only way to lose drawing data is to actually delete the drawing files themselves.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community