AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNICODE GROUND SYMBOL

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dstnwst
6163 Views, 6 Replies

UNICODE GROUND SYMBOL

I was wondering why ACADE does not include the Unicode symbol for earth ground (u+23DA) in the special characters group.  Is there any way to add this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
stefan.stamate
in reply to: dstnwst

Not sure why would you need a symbol... ACE 2013 has a ground symbol under Inser Schematic Components/Miscellaneous.

Message 3 of 7
dstnwst
in reply to: stefan.stamate

I use the ground symbol in schematics all the time, but sometimes I need a ground symbol in text as well and that is not available.

Message 4 of 7
shuhn
in reply to: dstnwst

It would be nice if ACE supported Unicode symbols all around.  I want to put the symbol in my attributes for a terminal on a symbol, as this is how the MFG labels the terminal.  I was able to copy the Unicode degree sign into an attribute successfully, but the GND symbol will not work.

Message 5 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: shuhn

This all depends on the font you've chosen to use for your text style. The old SHX-fonts do not have the complete character set. Try using a truetype font instead, and maybe you'll have more luck.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 7
shuhn
in reply to: rhesusminus

Yes, it answered my question, but I don't see "Accept as Solution" anywhere.

Message 7 of 7
jseefdrumr
in reply to: shuhn

you only see 'accept as solution' if you're the OP (Original Poster).

Also, keep in mind that not all ttf fonts include every unicode symbol. Here we use unicode in text to represent phase symbols, ohms, and delta. It took a while for me to find a font that had all three of these, AND conformed to our other needs (sans serif, no confusion between 1 & I, O & 0, 5 & S, etc). We ended up using Gulim.

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost