AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two identical drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnq
378 Views, 2 Replies

Two identical drawings

Hi

I thought I read somwhere that it was possible to have two identical drawings but different file names and sheet in one project.

But I cant find what I think is possible.

I have two identical drawings (different fine neame) of a controller and thse two controllers are standard boxed we make and are going to be part of one project.  IE the main CB's in both boxes are CB1 likewise fuses and relays have diplicate names.

Is this possible? or am I drinking my coffee too strong.

Cheers  jq

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: johnq

It is definitely possible.

You need to be using the IEC tagging format with the INST and LOC fields formatted into the component tag.

This allows you to have multiple components using the same tag. You just need to have differing INST or LOC codes between them.

For example, you gave two panels exactly the same, down to the component tags. The first panel has a LOC code of P1 and the second panel has P2.

Panel 1 has a CB with the tag CB1 same as panel 2. Using the IEC formatting, the two tags are actually =INST+LOC-TAG which equates to =INST+P1-CB1 and =INST+P2-CB1.

The INST and LOC codes are suppressed unless you select the box to format them into the tag.

Having said all that, ACADE will still pick up the duplicate wire numbers in the two separate panels when you run an audit. Nothing has been done about that by ACAD despite several years worth of suggestions.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 3
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

G'day Brad

Thanks for your reply.   Your notes sent me in the right direction and I then I was able to understand some of the "help" text.

I now have the two drawings in the project via different file names and sheets together with the BoM working.

It eventually hit my like a goods train that I needed to edit the "Tag format edit box." 

It is doing what i want.  I might learn more as i go.

Enclosed config for interest.

Cheers & Thanks  John Quigley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost