AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial - Select AEGS & Right-click - Click Activate ??

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
process_solutions
2365 Views, 2 Replies

Tutorial - Select AEGS & Right-click - Click Activate ??

I am going through the tutorials in an effort to integrate the Electrical features with our production processes (if possible) & when following the tutorial, so far I have encountered this twice:

If AEGS is in the list of open projects:

Select AEGS and right-click.

Click Activate.

"Activate" is not even a grayed out option for me much less an available option. So far, I have successfully navigated the tutorial by ignoring this & simply double clicking the AEGS project THEN Opening one of the files in that project.  I have tried setting SDI to both 0 & 1 & it appears AutoCAD electrical ignores this & it has no effect on availability of the "Activate" option.

Is there a correct setting for SDI when going through the tutorials?  Side note: I am using the "ACADE & 2D Drafting & Annotation" workspace if that makes any difference since that is the workspace which provides the ribbon/tiles on the menu interface which matches the initial screen of the tutorials.

Looking ahead, are there any other 2013 deviations from the tutorials that are included?

Curious,

Sean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Sean,

if the AEGS project is the active project then Activate will not be an option. This is only if AEGS is not the active project. The active project will be the first one in the list in Project Manager and the name is bold. So if AEGS is in the list but not active then right-click on it and select Activate.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Pat,

Thank you.  So far, as I do not yet have any projects, the only project is the AEGS for the tutorials so it is so far always the active project I suppose.  Thank you for explaining why the activate option hasn't been available.

Regards,

Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost