AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
tmoxam
Message 1 of 2 (79 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trying to export wire list to Inventor

79 Views, 1 Replies
12-06-2011 11:38 AM

Using ACADE 2010 - created simple schematic, 3 connectors, wires, splices.

Designated connectors, added existing layer to "create wires" , created wire numbers, checked fixed numbers, project tab, etc. as per help instructions. i don't recall so many steps in the past.

when i get to export to inventor i get a dialogue box that states project/drawing. The project button is highlighted and i cannot change to "drawing".  When i export i get nothing.

what's wrong?? i have done this before with little difficulty. whats up?

Tim Moxam - Senior Mechanical Designer
Windows 7 64 bit
Inventor 2012 Professional
Dell T1600 CPU E31245 @ 3.30GHz
8 GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 2 (73 Views)

Re: Trying to export wire list to Inventor

12-06-2011 10:48 PM in reply to: tmoxam

Hi.

A guess would be that the drawing you're drawing in is not a part of the active project.

THL

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community