AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble plotting.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rday
299 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble plotting.

When I plot the lines and text are very light and it looks as if the drawing was not "Regened" before it plotted. I have tried changing line weights and this did not help. I have ckecked over all the settings that I can think of. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rday

Have you tried setting your 'Plot style table (pen
assignments)' in the plot dialog to 'monochrome.ctb'?

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
When
I plot the lines and text are very light and it looks as if the drawing was
not "Regened" before it plotted. I have tried changing line weights and this
did not help. I have ckecked over all the settings that I can think of. Any
ideas?
Message 3 of 7
pdcpdc

We have been having the same problem, the only thing that worked for us was loading a printer driver through the options/plotting screen in ACADE. That gave back functional control over lineweights etc, the only snag was our plotter (HP LaserJet 5100tn) wasn't supported which limits our selection of paper sizs.
Message 4 of 7
rday

I have tried everything that I can think of. AutoDesk support has walked me through the plotter setup and we have changed every setting imaginable. It's still no good. I finally had to reinstall WD. I hope AutoDesk can get this problem fixed.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

try turning the dither option off in your ctb file. if you go to plot, then click on the ctb file you wish to use. then click on edit. you will see dither inthe upper right hand corner. set this to off. this has worked for me in the past.

HOpe this helps.
Message 6 of 7
T-Bone

I just talked to rday and he directed me to the following link:
(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=3542829&linkID=2475161 ) I applied it and it worked great. Seems to be a Service Pack 1 Issue.
Message 7 of 7

PROBLEM: Lineweights will not change on printed document. (always fine)

If you are having a problem printing to an HP device there is a known problem with the HP .hdi printer driver file. For some reason this driver file has an error with the lineweight binding.

You should replace this file with the latest up to date version available from Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost