AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trick - using "Check/Fix Wire Gap" to maintain wire number through plug/jack pair

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
231 Views, 0 Replies

Trick - using "Check/Fix Wire Gap" to maintain wire number through plug/jack pair

This note came in outside of the discussion group and is reprinted here with originator's permission. It might be of general interest. QUESTION: I have been attempting to use the fan-in/out (source/destination signal pairs) for something but it places one piece of wire on the MULTI-WIRE layer and I lose wire info when I have a PJ block attached. RESPONSE: I think a better approach is to make the "gap" between the plug and jack connections look like a big "gap" without the "loop". This preserves the wire number from the end of one wire to the beg of the next without having to resort to source/destination symbols. On the bottom part of your sample drawing, use the Check/Repair Wire Gap command. Pick pairs of wire segments. The wire numbers will cross the gap and I think that everything will still work as you want.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost