AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock,Export to excel, Insertcomponenet

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Justin2012
1394 Views, 5 Replies

Titleblock,Export to excel, Insertcomponenet

I've three question which I seem not to understand. I will really appreciate any help :

1) What is the best method to create a std template for layers and title block?

2)When I export my BOM to excel spreadsheet all I get is the BOM column  title and no the component. Do you know what might be the reason?

3)In the insert component page, below there is a "browse" column. What are those for or what is the diffrence with it and the insert component? For example, the drawing for PLC model 1769-ADN  is different on both location [ i.e. click insert component & browse-Panel-AB-PLC-1769-ADN)

Thanks for the help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I recommend attending a formal training course.  All those things, and much more, are usually covered in training.  They are definitely covered in the training courses I teach.  The cost of training will pay for itself with the increased productivity you will gain from a good start.  It will also help you avoid having to come back later and fix problems that result from an incomplete or incorrect implementation. 

For help with creating the template, try the tips and tricks page at www.ecadconsultant.com.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
Justin2012
in reply to: Justin2012

Sorry if my question is too easy. I am working on a project that needs this. When I finish saving up some money I will take the class.

Thanks for your response

Message 4 of 6

1. Use my 12-step tutorial at www.ecadconsultant.com for setting up a template.

2. When you generate any report you can click on Change Report Format to tailor the report to suit your needs.  You can decide which fields to report, you can rename them, and you can re-order them. You can also adjust their text justification.  I recommend using Middle Center justification.  The reports are added to a drawing as an AutoCAD Table Object, if you choose to Put On Drawing.  If you choose to export as a file, you can select from various file formats, including Excel.  In class we cover how to nest your reports so all of them can be generated at once.  You can output the reports to drawings and to files simultaneously with this method.

Hint: If you want to concatenate the TAG and PIN into one field, add fields CMP:PIN1 and CMP:PIN2 from the Available Fields pane and remove the CMP1, PIN1, CMP2, and PIN2 fields from the Fields To Report pane.  I rename CMP:PIN1 to FROM and CMP:PIN2 to TO.  This forum replaces the colon character and the letter "P" with a smiley face.  The fields are CMP(colon)PIN1 and CMP(colon)PIN2.

3. The Browse button at the bottom center of the Schematic Icon Menu allows you to browse and select custom schematic symbol blocks/files that you have created.  There is also a Browse button at the bottom of the Panel Icon Menu.  While I don't recommend editing the WD.ENV file without having been trained at admin level, that file can be edited to redirect the Browse button to open a folder of your choosing, perhaps a custom symbols folder named UserLib. I do not recommend storing your custom symbols in the library folders that ship with AutoCAD Electrical.  Hint:  During training you will learn how to use the Icon Menu Wizard to add custom icons to the menu that trigger AutoCAD Electrical to insert your custom symbols the same way you insert the built-in symbols.  Once all your custom symbols are added to the menu, you will no longer need to use the Browse button.

Note: Many people get carried away with editing the WD.ENV file, especially when they are trying to network the software.  This is actually not necessary.  I have a simple approach to networking AutoCAD Electrical that requires no edits to the WD.ENV file.  You can find this on the Tips/Tricks page at www.ecadconsultant.com.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6

This might be an easy question but it took me forever to figure this out so I don't want to mess anything.

My title block is good running. I just noticed it is correctly not on grid. I will need to explode and fix it but I don't want to messs anything. How will you recommend a quick title block touch up without changing or messing up anything(like map etc)  

Thanks you.

Message 6 of 6
Justin2012
in reply to: Justin2012

I am good running with my title block but recently something weird start happening.

When I create a new drawing, with the dwt added, the title block comes out messed up. What's funny is everything looks good when I BEDIT or explode the block. What can be the problem here?  

I will appreciate any guide. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost