AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block updates

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
332 Views, 1 Reply

Title block updates

Hi all,
I added new attributes to our custom title block and cannot update them with the Title Block Update function.
First of all I am using Autocad Electrical 2009 single user but all my drawings are stored on a network server.

I am not sure what I did wrong, I created a new title block ( from the existing autocad electrical template) with the new attributes and edited the WDT file with the title block setup function, clicked on overwrite and used the pick block to select the block to edit. When the popup opened up I mapped the new attributes to the Line xx that I chose and saved. After this was done I use the swap/update block to update my drawings to the new title block. When I modify the Description file with the new information I want to add to my drawings and use the Title Block update function for all drawings it goes trough the drawings and nothing changes. I can change the other attributes this way but the new ones dont change. The new attributes are for the various revision lines I want to add a date, description of revision and by who it was made...

What am I doing wrong..
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The title block attributes should all be contained within a block on your drawing template, eg TITLEBLOCK. If you have created the new attibutes in a new block, say REVISON then this also needs to be added to the .WDT file so it knows to look for it. The first line of your WDT file would then say.

BLOCK = TITLEBLOCK, REVISION

Alternatively add the new attibutes to the TITLEBLOCK block!? It should find them that way. Finally, check the paths it is searching for the WDT file. It may be picking up a WDT from a different location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost