AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block location/installion issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dmray
263 Views, 1 Reply

Title block location/installion issue

Not sure if this has been addressed, and if it has, I apoloigze for beating the proverbial dead horse, but my issue is LOCATION/INSTALLATION information on a titleblock.  I am using this info in my titleblocks, on the BORDER layer.  However, when I insert the border, it forces those tags to the LOC layer, which I generally turn off, making that information invisible.  I went through each drawing and reset the tag layer to border, solving the problem, but that is a pain in the butt to have to do that every time.

Is there a setting I am missing, or something else I am missing as to why this is occuring?

Thanks for any help

Doug

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: dmray

If you map your title block for title block updates using method 2, you can click on Drawing Values and map the Installation and Location to the attributes you inserted into your title block for Installation and Location.  The default value you assign for each drawing, under Drawing Properties, will appear in your title block after a title block update.  Of course if you enter this information when you create a new drawing the information will appear as the drawing is created and opened for editing because the software runs the title block update after a new page is created.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost