AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Using Excell

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
242 Views, 3 Replies

Title Block Using Excell

When we start a project we layout all of the drawing names in Microsoft Excel the manually type all that information into the Drawing Property fields and Descriptions fields. This process is very time consuming, so I was wondering if there is a way I could link the Excel information the attributes in my title block
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffatSJE
in reply to: Anonymous

That would be to efficient. I know of no way to do what you are suggesting through existing ACE commands I think its because they are still using a text file .wdp for title block information instead of incorporating all this information into one database table which would make more sense. they could then just rebuild all the other tables and use only one table for all the project specific information ie drawing tileblock sheet etc(FILETIME). With that structure a utility to import the information into that table would be easy.
Thinking about it I would go one step further and in the excel file add a column for drawing templates and write a macro to not only save the drawings as in a project folder but after doing so update the title block information.
We just started doing the same thing and the engineers like using excel so I may just write some vba code to just do that. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I've been working in wirting vba code to get that to work but have figured it out yet, if you do get it to work i would like to see how you did it, if you don't mind.
Message 4 of 4
JeffatSJE

This may or may not be what you were looking to do but try it out. I have used a more advanced version of it on a couple of projects so far and it has worked well. You have to make sure you save your current drawing first before running a script. I included example information and template files. The script file sets the filedia variable off then on again so if the script does not complete you may have to set it back on.

Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost