AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminals are not inserting the same.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
imoneluckyman
414 Views, 7 Replies

Terminals are not inserting the same.

I'm using AutoCAD Electrical 2014. I'm having the same problem with older versions. I'm using a template from another company that they created. My terminals are not inserting alike. when I insert a terminal into a drawing, the first terminal in line is always inserted correctly the way I want. The next terminal in line is smaller, with attributes moved to different places than the first terminal. I've tried everything I know to try & fix this. Can someone please advise me on how to fix this problem.

Untitled.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Are you positive that the blocks are the same?  VT0001 is used by ACE when you insert a terminal on a vertical bus/wire and HT0001 on a horizontal wire/bus.

Ricardo Baez

Message 3 of 8
btackes
in reply to: imoneluckyman

The terminals on the left are vertical symbols (VT0001) and the terminals on the right are horizontal symbols (HT0001).  Modify the horizontal symbol to match the vertical symbol.

Message 4 of 8

I just copied the first terminal.

Message 5 of 8
imoneluckyman
in reply to: btackes

I've never had this problem before. In other versions of CAD & other drawings, all I had to do was copy the component. All I did with this drawing was copy the coponent over. Would you tell me how to I change what you were talking about?

Message 6 of 8
btackes
in reply to: imoneluckyman

When you insert a symbol on a vertical wire it uses the vertical symbol when you insert it on a horizontal wire it uses the horizontal symbol.  Look in the properties to find the block name.

Message 7 of 8

Do a Swap/Update Block on the horizontal terminals. You should have the correct HT0001 in your library. It seems that the drawing you were given has a modified version of the HT0001 block.Swap-Update Block.png

Message 8 of 8

Thank you so much! That fixed my problem! I needed all of my terminals to look the same. I appreciate your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost