AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Strip Editor - Wire Numbers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
STEVENAR
607 Views, 2 Replies

Terminal Strip Editor - Wire Numbers

Hi,

I am using terminal trip editor to create my terminal block arrangements from the terminals placed in my schematics drawings. The terminal block arrangement drawings should be auto-generated and require no manual intervention. However this is rarely the case. I normally need to tidy up the wire numbers placed on either side of the terminals. For example on my schematics I have W10 cable which has 3 wires W10-1,W10-2 & W10-3 going into one side of the terminals and X10 cable again with 3 wires X10-1, X10-2 & X10-3 coming out the other side of the terminals. When I generate the terminal strips I would like to see X10-1, X10-2 & X10-3 on one side of the terminals and W10-1, W10-2 & W10-3 on the other side. However the wire numbers are mixed on either side.  I also find that some wire numbers are not picked up from the schematic drawings and I need to populate that information myself on the terminal block arrangement drawings. Can some please advise on how to correct this.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: STEVENAR

You need to put Internal & External markers onto the terminals, then all Extermal will be on one side, and Internal on the other.

Go to Wires / Wire Misc / Terminal Connection Direction

This shows options:-

Show terminal directions

Mark Internal

Mark External

Erase Markers.

All internal markers are indicated by a Red Arrow, external are indicated by a Green Arrow, when you Show terminal directions.

With regard to wire numbers not installing correctly, sometimes a Project Rebuild is necessary.

Message 3 of 3
STEVENAR
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost