AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Srip Editor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
john.mckay
1296 Views, 6 Replies

Terminal Srip Editor

Using ACADE 2014.

In terminal strip editor (TSE), I assign 1 multi-pin jumper and insert 3 accessories, 1 end plate & 2 end clamps.  The end plate and end clamps must carry a terminal number or they do not get inserted, but I guess that is how it works although it looks strange on the inserted Graphical Terminal Strip or Jumper Chart..  It all appears on the TSE and is inserted in the drawing.  When selecting an end plate or end clamp on the inserted graphic and checking their attributes, the correct catalog numbers appear, so I know it is real. 

However, when I run a BOM report, the terminals and the jumper show up but the end plate and end clamps do not.  When I open the TSE again, the jumper is there but the end plate and end clamps are no longer there even though the inserted graphic on the dwg clearly shows that they WERE there.  Have spent too much time messing about with this. 

The way the accessories have to be numbered seems strange and the accessories not remaining as part of the terminal strip and not being included in the BOM is maddening.  What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice.

JDM

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: john.mckay
Message 3 of 7

I always assign them the terminal of end plate or end stop, etc. This way I can also quickly recognize them the next time I edit the strip with TSE.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 7
john.mckay

Thanks to ChrisB and Doug for their replies, although I do not quite understand what Doug means by "them".  The thread ChrisB referenced was similar but not quite the same as what was happening to me.

Today, I started all over again, erasing the graphic terminal strip from the dwg and opened the TSE.  I again added the 1 end plate and 2 end clamps.  See attached TSE , TSE LAYOUT GRAPHIC and TSE LAYOUT JUMPER.  I inserted the graphic on the dwg and get a Terminal Strip Selection window (see TSE SELECTION).  Normally one would select DONE, but if you click on a TB (TB511), the TSE reopens.  I selected LAYOUT - JUMPER CHART this time and insert that on the dwg also (see IMAGES ON DWG). 

The graphic image is useless because it does not show the jumpers, but does have the attribute information on the end plate and end stops (see ATTRIB OF END STOP).  I am not sure if the jumper image carries the same attribute information but does show jumper information, which is necessary.  Why are the jumpers not on the graphic image?

Today, when closing the TSE and reopening it, the end plate and end stops are still there.  This is a bit baffling because I did this many times yersterday and every time the TSE was reopened, all the accessories were gone.  OK, apparently this is the way it is supposed to work.  Yesterday?????

Now for the BOM.  REPORTS, SCHEMATIC REPORTS, BOM, PROJECT, OK, SELECT DWG TO PROCESS, OK, REPORT GENERATOR WINDOW, SAVE TO FILE, EXCEL FORMAT, OK.  Attached is the resulting EXCEL BOM image from the above sequence.  The 2 jumpers and 6 terminals are there but end plate and end stops ARE NOT THERE.  Both the graphic and jumper images are still on the dwg.

Questions.

1. Why does the graphic image not show the jumpers?
  2. Why must the accessories carry a terminal number?  If one tries to insert an accessory above or below the selected item on the TSE (see ACCESSORIES NUMBER ERROR at end of attached), one is forced to insert a number in the Number Box in order to proceed with inserting the accessory.  This number then ends up on the accessory.
  3. Why are the accessories (which appear NOT to be disappearing today) still not in the BOM?

Thanks for your time and any help you may give.

JDM

Message 5 of 7

I insert actual jumper footprints over my terminal strips after I insert them into the panel layout.  See attached example.  What I meant by "them" is that once you assign a terminal designation (i.e. End Plate, End Stop), you can see this text in the terminal strip editor, so you know where they are in the list.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 6 of 7
john.mckay

Thanks for your reply Doug.

Regarding my question 1, if you are manually add jumpers to your drawings, I then assume the graphic image is not meant to show jumpers and visual jumper information is only available with the inserted Table or inserted Jumper Chart.

Regarding my question 2, on the your jpg image, I do not see a number on your end stops as on my dwg.  My accessories are numbered, taking on the number that must be entered to complete the Insert Accessory command.  How does one get around that or did you just make the attribute invisible?

And finally, the jumpers and the accessories are all entered through the Terminal Strip Editor, but only the jumpers show up on my BOM.  How do I get all the TB parts in my BOM?

Thanks for your time and any advice.

JDM

Message 7 of 7

1. Graphical jumpers show on the strip in the panel layout and their MFG and CAT appear in the BOM.  Graphical jumpers do not appear in the tabular report.  The tabular report only displays the jumpers that are created using the Terminal Jumpers command.

2. My accessories have the TERM attribute set to invisible.

As for the BOM, all terminal parts assigned in TSE should appear in the BOM, once the strip is inserted.  Once you insert jumper blocks over the strip, they will also appear in the BOM.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost