AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Rail Editor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dbrblg
692 Views, 9 Replies

Terminal Rail Editor

Hi, 

Does anyone know how to move a wire between layers of a teminal and how to move wires from one terminal to another.  The attached pictures hopefully clarify the two questions.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
John
in reply to: dbrblg

You have to exit Terminal Rail Editor and go back to the schematic.

Use Edit Component to edit the schematic terminal.

Look at Block Properties (I think).

Somewhere on the edit dialog anyway!

Then go to you wiring diagram and run Terminal Editor again.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10
ccad2509

looks like your trying to create a double deck terminal

if so you have missed a step

see images below

Slide12.JPG

Slide13.JPG

Slide14.JPG

Slide15.JPG

Message 4 of 10
dbrblg
in reply to: ccad2509

Thanks for this guys Smiley Happy

One more question.  I see there are options to toggle wires between internal / external and the ability to move whole terminals up / down in the rail but is there a way to toggle between levels on a terminal ie swap the upper and lower wires?

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
rhesusminus

If you change the wiring in the TSE, like moving a wire to another level, that would also trigger a physical rewiring in the schematics.

The terminal in the schematic drawing that represents level 1 could be placed on sheet 3 and the terminal that represents level 2 could be placed on sheet 4.

If you find an algorithm that makes sure that the program can make these wire changes, and that they are always 100% correct, you have struck gold.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 10
dbrblg
in reply to: rhesusminus

Not sure I understand.  I would have thought that there are circumstances where it is desirable to move the wires in the top terminal to the bottom terminals or perhaps swap them over so that the top terminals go into the bottom and the bottom terminals use the top.  Have I missed something?

Message 7 of 10
rhesusminus

Let's say that we have a three level terminal, connected to 3 lamps:

Capture.PNG

Using the TSE, you now wan't to swap the wires connected to the top terminal and the bottom terminal:

Capture.PNG

The problem now, is that these changes has to be reflected in the schematics, like this:

Capture.PNG

While it seems like something AcadE could fix automatically in THIS example, what if the different terminals are drawn on different drawing sheets. How could AcadE possibly automatically fix this?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 8 of 10
dbrblg

I think you misunderstand.

When I said swap terminals between top and bottom I meant this:Swap Terminals.png

I'm not sure how swapping between the top layer and the bottom layer will require a wiring change?

Message 9 of 10
rhesusminus

Yep, I misunderstood Smiley Very Happy

You wrote "ie swap the upper and lower wires?". But you just want to swap the association of the terminals, while keeping the wiring.

I have to agree with you, that this would be a nice feature in the TSE!

I can't think of any easy way to do this semi-automatically either.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 10
Icemanau

The feature is there, just need to dig a bit to do so...

Start the TSE, find the multi level terminals and right click on them.

Hover over Terminal and then click Associate from the menu that pops up.

Select the first terminal from the tree on the left and then click associate on the right.

Now select the level that you wish to move from the list on the right before selecting 'Move Up' or 'Move Down'.

Click OK when you are done.

That's all it takes to move terminal levels in the TSE...

I just tried this in ACADE 2008 and 2014 and it works on both versions.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost