AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Plan Generator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
308 Views, 5 Replies

Terminal Plan Generator

I am having a problem with the terminal plan generator when I change the scale factor from 1. Anything on my title block that is on layer 0 is then scaled by this factor as well as the terminal plan. I have recreated my title block template, and moved everything onto a different layer(including my title block attributes), but my title block attributes are still scaled by this factor.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sven_kloeck
in reply to: Anonymous

Normally this scale factor only changes the scale of the block you insert. I think the text height is changed of the attributes. Or maybe the text style of the attributes is changed. Try looking at format->text styles before and after the change. Or attach a before and after drawing to your post

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Sven,

Attached is a copy of 2 try's with the same terminal plan, but with the scale at 12 instead of 1. The attributes seem to be linked to the marco placement position.

Any help would be grate.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Any news on the terminalPlan problem. I haven't got anyway with it myself
Message 5 of 6
sven_kloeck

I've taken a look at it and the title block also has scale 12. I don't know why this happened. In the attached drawing the title block also moved. I don't have enough time to replicate the problem for now. But a solution may be scaling the blocks of the table. Search the for the termlay_header and termlay_row block in the panel folder of the library. Scale them 12x around the base point. (To find the base point type 'base') Then insert the terminal strip table with scale 1. Only do this if you always want it to be scale 12.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Kloeck,

Thanks for your time spent on this subject.

I think it has something to do with layer0. The title block attributes are on a different layer before I create the title block, but end up on layer 0 when the I create a new drawing from my template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost