AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Number Issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chriswillis5914
533 Views, 5 Replies

Terminal Number Issue

I have heard people talk about using the AETERMRENUM Project-wide Resequence Terminals command but can not get it to work for me.  When the box pops up it wants a Tag-ID but my drawing has "-none-" and project has a quantity 22 that I can click on and press ok but there is no Tag-ID listed for the 22 so it doesnt fill in the Tag-ID box and when I press OK it says "strip ID and starting terminal number must be entered".  I have 1 as the starting terminal # and am using HT0002 Round with Terminal Block for my terminals. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Try using the Terminal Strip Editor instead. It has a renumber terminals feature.

Select the terminals you want to renumber before pressing the renumber terminals button.

Capture.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: chriswillis5914

When you insert a terminal, the dialog box has several data fields to be filled in.

These are INST (INSTallation), LOC (LOCation), Tag Strip and Terminal Number. The Tag Strip is sometimes called the Tag-ID.

This indicates to ACADE what terminal strip that particular terminal belongs to and is fairly critical when doing automatic terminal renumbering of any sort.

To fix, you will have to edit each terminal individually and add a Tag Strip value to each. What this value is depends on where you are located, what standards you are working with and what your client wants.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 6
chriswillis5914
in reply to: Icemanau

terminal strip editor did work but did not renumber left to right top to bottom like I anticipated. i inserted a new terminal with no number in the middle and it renumbered with the new one being 1.  is there a way to make them renumber all terminal 1,2,3.... left to right top to bottom while assigning numbers to the new terminals that dont have numbers as well?

Message 5 of 6

anyone have anymore insight to this.  If i am first making the drawing  and put a terminal between 3 and 4, then i want the new to be 4 and 4 to turn into 5 and etc.  after the product has been wired and i add a terminal after, I want the new terminal to be the next number in the sequence.

Message 6 of 6

You can renumber sequential terminals project-wide, in order of their appearance in the schematic drawings by typing AETERMRENUM at the command prompt and pressing your enter key. There is also a mode of renumber that allows you to type in the terminal assignment to establish a pattern, and as you click other terminals the software increments the last character or digit. Access this utility from the command line by typing AETERMRENUMPICK.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost