AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Terminal Editor Issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dmray
911 Views, 8 Replies

Terminal Editor Issue

Hello all.  Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but when I am in the temrinal editor and I insert my end barriers, end anchors, jumpers, etc, I will exit out to do something else.  But when I come back into it (either next day, or later the same day) all the changes will be gone.  And yes, afetr exiting the editor, the program will go through and do a bunch of updating to other pages as needed.

It is getting really annoying having to repeat all that work, epsecialyl when I have several TB strips that need this editing.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Icemanau
in reply to: dmray

They either go missing for me or all end up at the bottom of the list and I have to re-arrange everything.

That's why I don't do the terminal stip layouts until the schematics have been approved and are ready to issue.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 9
rhesusminus

Do you have the graphical terminakl strip inserted on any page?

All this extra information for a terminal strip is saved in the graphical terminal strip, and not in the schematic terminals.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. šŸ˜‰
Message 4 of 9
s.wile

Pretty sure rhesusminus is right. Try placing the strip off to the side somewhere until your ready to use it in the panel. At that point you can insert again and place it as needed.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: s.wile

Hello there,

I'm running into a similar problem in 2013.  I create a new terminal strip; Location JBOX2, Strip JB-3 (for example), I add several terminals, and an end barrier on each end.  Assign catalog information etc. and insert the strip into a panel layout.  Everything looks just fine.  The terminals associated with this strip in the schematic update and show the correct locationa and t-strip info.

Later (or even right away) I go back into the terminal strip editor to set up another one.  The previously saved strip now shows terminals only, and the end barriers have been moved to a t-strip of their own with only those 2 items in it.  So I Edit that new strip and delete all the accessories (effectively emptying that strip), and add them back into the strip where they should be.  Update, rebuild, save, done.  Open terminal strip editor again and,.... you guessed it, they've moved off into thier own strip again.

I realize I don't use this program often enough to know what the heck I'm doing, but this seems a bit odd.

Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 9
dougmcalexander

Hardware and spares are stored in the graphical terminal strip, once it is inserted. I've not seen any failures related to that. When I return to TSE to edit a terminal strip all hardware is there.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Doug,

When I place the strip from the editor, the end barriers DO insert with it, but once I have closed the editor they become separated into a new TS.  Doing a rebuild on the original, or adding more spares etc... the end barriers do NOT get updated with the strip... the get covered up by any new spares or accessories I've added.  I have to manually move them to the end of the strip... but first I have to find them underneath.

Message 8 of 9
Levitech
in reply to: cbenner

Hello Chris,

I had the same problem. It turned out that for the accessores the blocks that are inserted on the panel layout did not have the attribute P_TAGSTRIP.

so I updated the blocks and now it works fine.

Martijn

Message 9 of 9
ahartquist
in reply to: cbenner

HOW TO SAVE TERMINAL BLOCK ACCESSORIES:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Scroll down to "Terminal Block Footprint Symbols"

Make sure that you have P_TAGSTRIP so that it stores what terminal strip that your saving the accessories to. Without this attribute your relying on the Xdata to remember, which in almost all cases will eventually break.

I found that when I make components to use in the terminal strip editor (end blocks, spacers, jumpers), I start with a default terminal strip dwg, and manipulate it into the block I want. For example use 02800901 (wago 2 pole terminal block)

Acade 2018\Libs\panel\WAGO\TRMS-TERMINAL BLOCKS\02800901

Best,

Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost