AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates & Title blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnq
412 Views, 2 Replies

Templates & Title blocks

I have a fundemantal question on how I think the title blocks and templates work.

If I have a set of drawings (2 or more) with customer name, drawing number other details and i want to change any details,

then should I be able to change one entry and that entry change for the complete project?

I know this may be a dumb question to some but I am teaching my self as a new user with no other technnical support out side this forum.

cheers  jq

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: johnq

If you set up your template properly and map the attributes properly, the title block update utility will update the title block in each drawing of your project.  There is an 11-step guide for creating and mapping a template on the tips/tricks page of my web site.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
johnq
in reply to: dougmcalexander

G'day Doug

On several occasions in the past I have tried your "11 step cook book" with out success.

This time I have had success partly my learnning curve and partly  I was restricted to using the company border.

I re drew the company border and removed all the surpless rubbish.

My first attempt I used just 8 attributes and it worked.      I then added the next 20 required attributes this is where some issues arose and I am nott sure how I fixed my problem.  

The problem was getting the new addributes to be seen.  They were in the  .wld file;  I moved the wt_tb entry to the bottom of the list using block manager.

re saved the drawing and picked up the process where it is necessary open acad.dwt

As others have found, as a new comer, "things do not seem to work the first time."

Thanks for your guidence  and onto the next problem.

Regards   john Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost