AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Position

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dbrblg
696 Views, 10 Replies

Table Position

When you insert a component and a cross reference table is created, it has the annoying habit of positioning it too close to the component.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the position?  

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Nata_ly
in reply to: dbrblg

It is just an attribute, isn't it? So you can move it with Attribute - Move command.

Message 3 of 11
dbrblg

I don't think it is an attribute but an ACAD_Table.  

Yes you can move it around with the move command but I am looking for a setting which I can change to permanently anchor it in a specific place without having to manually move it each time I insert a component.

Message 4 of 11
testsubject

The XREF Table is a funny thing. It is tied to the position of the XREF attributes themselves. If you restore the cross references, move them in the original symbol and then Swap/Update, then switch back over to the table, you will see that it has moved. I had to discover this via trial and error. It is not documented.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 11
dbrblg

Ah, that works, albeit painful!! 

A shortcut however is if you update the block, then hide and show the cross reference table (if it is showing in the first place) instead of restoring the cross reference.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
rhesusminus
in reply to: testsubject

Well, tha online help file actually says:

If inserting a parent component with a cross-reference table, the table inserts at the cross-reference attribute locations (XREF and XREFNO)

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 11
dbrblg

Interesting Smiley Happy

Do you know if there is a way to suppress these tables for certain components?  For example, I want component A to show xref tables but I don't want component B to show them.

Message 8 of 11
rhesusminus

I'm not sure if you can set this to default on specific symbols, but you can always use the "Hide/Unhide Cross-referencing" button manually.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 9 of 11
rhesusminus

When you use the "Hide/Unhide Cross-referencing" button, AcadE actually deletes two Xdata records from the symbol:

VIA_WD_XREF_G(1005)
VIA_WD_XREF(1005)

The way AutoCAD works, you can't add xdata to the block definition that the block reference will inherit.

Anyway... Seems like AutoCAD Electrical Automatically adds these Xdata records when you connect a child component to a parent component, given that the parent component doesn't have any children connected already.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 11
dbrblg

Thats what I've been doing but I didn't know whether there was an alternative Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
sniktun

Do any of you guys know how to change the size of the reference table tablle? the text size is not the same as the rest of the componant when in a table and is unreadable when i print it off. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost