AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax error in acad.pgp file on line 3 in field 1

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
KimBruns
2907 Views, 21 Replies

Syntax error in acad.pgp file on line 3 in field 1

One of my guys has AutoCAD Elec. 2014 and has been having this problem with the pgp file. 

There is nothing wrong with the file.  He's reinstalled Elec. 3 times with the same problem.

I loaded my pgp and get the same problem. 

The file is there, the path is correct.

I've been using AutoCAD a long time and have never had a problem with the pgp file.

Anyone have clue what could be causing this?

Thanks, Kim

Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
pendean
in reply to: KimBruns

Are you sure you are looking at and replacing the correct PGP file? Ask AutoCAD for the path and confirm:
(findfile "acad.pgp")
Message 3 of 22
KimBruns
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for responding,

Yes, it is the right pgp.  Like I said I loaded my pgp and it has the same problem, so it isn't the pgp.  It's the application, I just don't know what's causing it.

I've been using AutoCAD since Rel10 and have never had a problem with the pgp file.

Kim

Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Message 4 of 22
rhesusminus

Seems to me like it's AcadE. Try to delete/rename the ACAD.PGP-file and run reinit.

It gives the same error message even without a ACAD.PGP-file 🙂

Everything seems to work anywho... I'm running AcadE 2014 by the way...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

Hi Kim,

Did you ever find the solution for the Syntac error for the acad.pgp file?  I got this error message below and it's very similar to yours.  

Syntax error in acad.pgp file on line 111 in field 1

Would love to hear from you if you guys found the solution for the problem.  Thanks in advance.

Connie

Message 6 of 22
rhesusminus

Can you post your acad.pgp-file?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Trond,

Please see attachment.  Thanks for your help.

Connie

Message 8 of 22
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not able to find any problems with your acad.pgp, and alos, I'm not seeing the error message when starting AutoCAD, only when running the reinit-command. Could it be that the problem is the reinit command, and not the pgp-file?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous

Yes, I think you are probably right about the reinit-command may be the one
caused the problem. Thanks.

Connie
Message 10 of 22
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Just tried now, with a fresh install of AutoCAD Electrical 2018, no migration.

Running the reinit command to reinitialize the pgp-file gives an error message.

@PatMurnen_Adsk Can you check with "someone" why we get this error?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 11 of 22

I get the same error as you. It does seem like it is the REINIT command rather than the PGP file. I am reaching out to people on the AutoCAD Electrical support team to see if this is a known issue and if there is a fix. As soon as I hear anything I will post here.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 22

I did hear back from support on this and they were able to reproduce it so it is now logged. It doesn't appear to be the acad.pgp file format but something going on with the reinit command.

Sorry for this inconvenience,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 22

This issue also occurs in 2018 Civil 3D when you add a new command alias and it executes the reinit command.  I get 19 syntax errors reported.  It only happens with reinit and not when you load up C3D.Cmd Alias - Syntax error.jpg

JF Engineering, PLLC
Civil3D, Current/Win 10 Pro
MSI MPG X570/AMD Ryzen 5 3.6 GHz
EVGA GTX 1650, 4GB
1TB Samsung 970 M.2
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
2x ViewSonic VX2458 24in Monitors
Message 14 of 22

Was this solved? I am getting the same issue with 2021.

Message 15 of 22
rhesusminus
in reply to: EstebanSYLH2Q

Have you made changes to the PGP-file?
I'm not seeing this problem with the default ACAD.PGP in AcadE 2021.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 16 of 22
james_moore

I'm seeing this as well, on 2021.  I used to be running ACE 2018, recently installed the new version.

I wonder if there's some registry involvement or something?

I have installed a trial copy of ACE 2021 on a laptop that had never seen an ACAD installation problem before, and the issue with the error reported by REINIT is not there, even if I delete the ACAD.PGP.

Maybe if someone at Autodesk could give us a hint how they fixed it, it would help me track it down.  I reported a problem with this on the ACAD.PGP forum before I found this thread, and no one could reproduce it.

Now I'm thinking it has to be a cached or shared PGP file somewhere that wasn't removed when I upgraded, but so far my searches have come up empty.  It's not a error that causes any issues, just annoying that it can send you down a rabbit-hole when there's nothing actually wrong with the ACAD.PGP, and you see the same error if the system doesn't see ACAD.PGP on the search path.

Message 17 of 22
james_moore

... I meant to say reported to the general ACAD forum... 😉

Incidentally I just checked with a couple other users... both have ACE 2018 installed, one system has this issue & the other does not.  Both customized identically at installation by our IT dept...  Weird.

Message 18 of 22
james_moore

Looks like I found the culprit... at least on my own installation that is...

%appdata%\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2021\R24.0\enu\Support contains a file acadSynonymsGlobalDB.pgp that once removed, eliminates my "Syntax error  in ACAD.PGP on line 3, column 1" erroneous error.

I experimented with editing this, and discovered the problem is apparently the second line in the file is TOO LONG.  Change the top 3 lines in the file to read like the text copied below, and the "error" will go away.:

; This .pgp file contains a list of command synonyms. You can also add your own synonyms.
; Each synonym can point to only one command and should not conflict with any command
; alias defined in the product PGP file.

Message 19 of 22
rhesusminus
in reply to: james_moore

Nice digging!

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 20 of 22

The REINIT command in ACADE 2022 is still affected.

It spits out an error "SYNTAX ERROR in acad.pgp file on line 3 field 1" as above - revised every discoverable version of the file acadSynonymsGlobalDB.pgp and it went away.  Really sad that we have to fix AutoDESK's code from at least 7 years ago to present.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost