AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol or Block Test Window

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TCWestern
596 Views, 2 Replies

Symbol or Block Test Window

I was creating a new symbol in the symbol builder and I clicked on the "Test Symbol" button. It seemed like a good idea at the timeSmiley Happy It opens a Test Block Window with nothing in it and I don't know how to proceed to test my block. I looked in HELP and on this discussion board but could not find any info. Does anyone know how to test it, or where I can get info on how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: TCWestern

This function only applies when creating dynamic blocks in AutoCAD. You won't be able to anything sensible with this function for AcadE symbols.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: TCWestern

You should click Symbol Audit for Electrical Symbols.  Try not to mix plain AutoCAD with Electrical.  I know it's difficult, especially now that they though you into Block Editor to create symbols.  It makes you feel like you are in AutoCAD.  Let Electrical drive.  It will make the proper calls to AutoCAD as needed, but it will be in control so data links are maintained.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost