AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Mapping - Relays

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Patrick.Lee
257 Views, 1 Reply

Symbol Mapping - Relays

Hi,

Just wondered if there is anyway of mapping pinlists for relays to have certain 'types' of contacts rather than a bog standard NO/NC or changeover symbol as I have symbol mapping enabled but I am unsure as to how to get the Pin list to define the graphical representation ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drathak
in reply to: Patrick.Lee

@Patrick.lee wrote:

Hi,

Just wondered if there is anyway of mapping pinlists for relays to have certain 'types' of contacts rather than a bog standard NO/NC or changeover symbol as I have symbol mapping enabled but I am unsure as to how to get the Pin list to define the graphical representation ?

Thanks

The answer to the first part of your question is yes.  By using a PINLIST_TYPE of "4" you can define other type of pin sets.  Not so sure about the graphical cross references.  Here is a link on using that.  

As an example of what I mean, below is a screen shot of the pinlist for one of our IED's.  We have defined additional pinlist types for Current & Potential coils, I/O points and even Communication Ports.  (4C, 4P, 4I, 4O & 4T)  Looks like I need to go back and fix some of those symbols though.  Not sure why they aren't showing up.  And the next to last line in the larger box should be 4P instead of NO.  I just checked the symbol and it is missing the PINLIST_TYPE attribute.  

PinListExample.png

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost