AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol 'Look-Up' and Microsoft Access Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
liamharris
622 Views, 4 Replies

Symbol 'Look-Up' and Microsoft Access Issues

Hi,

I've seem to have run into an issue with my Microsoft Access catalog and the 'Look-Up' feature in the Insert/Edit Component section after inserting a symbol. If you take a look at the photos at the bottom of this post, you can see one of my companies Access catalog; and then if you look at the second image you notice that all the values have shifted and shuffled into different columns (TEXT/VALUE data has been shifted into USER3). This is messing around with how the data is picked up by the Look-Up option. The only fix I have found is recreating the Microsoft Access tables, but this is laborious and pretty impossible with some of the larger tables with over 1000 records. I'd just like to mention that you cannot copy and paste the records (cells) into the newly created replacement table or this error reoccurs.; but if you re-type the data, it works again (briefly). This has led me to believe that it is possibly something to do with the cells/records.

Any help would be amazing and greatly appreciated!

If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Liam

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
liamharris
in reply to: liamharris

Also, this error/corruption/whatever it is, is happening on all the systems in my office, so it isnt a local issue.

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 5
liamharris
in reply to: liamharris

This is a close up of one of the Tables in Microsoft Access; as you can see it has these half characters which cannot be deleted through 'Backspace' or the 'Delete' keys. I thought at first that it was a hidden column, but there isn't any in between these columns.

Untitled.png

Thanks

Liam

Message 4 of 5

Hello,

Would you please help to attach the sample database file with this issue? you can delete most of the tables, and remain a sample table with the issue records in the database, then we can check what is happen there.

Would you please provide the following information as well?
1. Which ACE version are you using? ACE2013 SP2? or ACE2014?
2. Which OS is the ACE installed in? Win7 64?

3. Did you use the same database in any old ACE version and without problem?

If you can't attach the database file in the forum, you can email to me by zhonghua.shou@autodesk.com

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5

Hello,  

As discussed in the email, we have checked you issue, and it is a known issue for ACE2014 for now, and we are considering the fix for it already.

Before we fix the issue, please use the following workaround.

The issue is caused by the Enter in the Description column, for the 2nd items’ description, it has an Enter there, it split the string to 2 lines, it will cause the issue. So remove the enter, and make it only 1 line, then the issue will be resolved, please refer to the attached png files.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost