AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Connection Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eric.powell
977 Views, 3 Replies

Symbol Connection Points

When you create a custom symbol in the symbol builder do all of the left and right connections points have to be aligned or can they be staggered?

I have a symbol with staggered connection points (not aligned vertically) and when I drop in multiple wires with the multiple bus tool and then try to extend the wires to connect to the symbol the wires only go as far as the left most connection point.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: eric.powell

Seems like the stretch wire command only extends to the nearest geometry (i.e. the rectangle in your symbol), and not to the nearest wire/connection point.

I have no problem to recreate the problem here (See attached image).

As a work around, insert the wires first, and then place the component on top of the wires afterwards. Then AcadE will trim the wires to match the connection points.

Alternatively, use the move component command, to move the component on top of the wires, and then scoot the component back to it's original location.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
eric.powell
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for the reply!  I did notice though that if you place a point to the left of your box then the wires only extend as far as the left most point and won't go as far as the box geometry.  Not a big deal, just thought it was strange.

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: eric.powell

I totally agree with you. It's strange 🙂

But then again... I'm immune to strange behaviour in AcadE after all these years 😉

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost