AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Builder - No necassary tags for generic vertical child

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
adrien_levasseur
480 Views, 2 Replies

Symbol Builder - No necassary tags for generic vertical child

Hi dear allSmiley Happy,

I have the issue, not really important but a bit annoying.

When i create a generic vertical child component, there is no necessary/optionnal attribute available.

But for generic horizontal child there are here and for other family vertical child/parent too.

So now, i used to create a horizontal child, insert my needed attributes, then change the type from horizontal to vertical.

Is this behavior of AutoCAD normal ?

Is there a file i can edit the needed/optionnal attribute i can insert with the symbol builder ?

Thanks for any idea you would suggest !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Adrien,

To answer your questions:

1. No, this is not normal behaviour Smiley Wink

2. What attributes that are available in the Symbol Builder is controlled by some DWG-files in your symbol library. These files are named AT_VC*.DWG (For Vertical Child), and I belive you understand what the rest of the filename is for Smiley Happy

Have a look in your symbol librar(y/ies)!

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3

I got it !

1. That was what i guessed Smiley Very Happy!

2. In my symbol library there was a dwg file "At_vc_gnr.dwg". I renammed it "AT_VC_GNR.dwg" . Now ACE agree using this dwg block

That was easier than i first thought...

Thanks for helping me !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost