AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Builder...Deleting Wire Connections

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Outbound
757 Views, 6 Replies

Symbol Builder...Deleting Wire Connections

How do I adjust a component symbol that I made, so that it does not show any connecting wires when using the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility?

I am able to successfully create the symbol, and I can place it where I want it within the drawing.  However, I do NOT want the drawing to show any wires connected to the symbol. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: Outbound

OK.. This one is easy.

Open the block like a normal dwg, remove all the attibutes that are to do with wire connections (X#TERM, TERM## and TERM##DESC) and then do a 'SAVE AS' and give the block a new name.

Now insert the new block.

This allows you to use the block both ways, wired and not wired.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Outbound

Oh yes, but life is never so easy.

I tried as you suggested to no avail.  I even removed ALL attributes from the block.  In this case, I used a standard ACE Photo Eye block, HPE11.  With all blocks removed I still have a wire running from rail to rail, intersecting the normal contact points, but not showing the normal connection.  It appears as  as a solid wire from rail to rail, passing through the block.

It apears that there is something in my PLC spreadsheet setup (etc) that is causing ACE to insert a wire. 

I suspect that I'm overlooking something very basic, here.

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 7
Outbound
in reply to: Icemanau

Still Stumped.

As suggested, I ahve removed all line references "that I am aware of".  The spreadsheet to PLC utility continues to insert  unwanted wires.

Referring to the attached file:

Line 01005 represents a standard Autocad block HPE11b, from which I have removed line wire links (or so I thought).

Lines 01031, 01032, and 01038 represent unwanted wires that are attached to a circuit that I have saved and then placed into the drawing using the spreadsheet utility.

I seem to be close to resolving this, but just can't find the source of those unwanted wires.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 7
Icemanau

Just a quick question on this problem...

Did you insert a totally new block with no wire attributes or was it the same name as previously inserted?

If you have previously inserted a block, ACAD stores a copy of that block in the dwg. When you insert another block with the same name, ACAD will go to the stored block first. You would have to either purge the dwg or update the block to fix this.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Outbound
in reply to: Icemanau

Same result.

No matter how I create, name, or store the new block, the Spreadsheet to PLC Utility runs a wire to it.  

It seems that my problem must be in my default settings, somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Message 7 of 7
sonny3g

Perhaps using just X in the following might work.

Special wiring for inline components

Normally each inline component is wired in series connected from the bus to the I/O point. AutoCAD Electrical also supports jumpers between adjacent rungs. To direct AutoCAD Electrical to use a jumper, you encode the jumper as one of the available inline devices. Use the "|" character as the symbol block name for the jumper. To control removal of wire connections, follow the "|" character with four characters to cover upper left, upper right, lower left, and lower right connections. Use "W" to keep the wire connection and "X" to remove. For example, a block name of "|WWXW" inserts a jumper and trims the lower left wire connection. "|XWXW" trims away the left-hand wire connections of both top and bottom. Just a "|" for the block name is the same as "|WWWW", all wire connection retained.

Wiring to analog input or output modules might need to loop back to a return terminal instead of going all the way across to a power bus. You can direct the generator to pop in a vertical short wire to loop back around. For looping back to the right, insert "|XWXW" as the first inline device. To loop back to the left use "|WXWX".

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost