AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Audit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ADD_123
476 Views, 6 Replies

Symbol Audit

In Symbol Audit dialog box, most of the times Insertion Point error is found.

I tried to change the insertion point (i.e. in line with the  Term01, Term02 attributes) but this error is not corrected.

Can anybody tell me how to correct this error?

What should be the insertion point of the symbol to correct it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drathak
in reply to: ADD_123

One thing that can cause this error is if you are, for example, making a vertical component but your pins are horizontal.  You may also get this error if you have more than two pins.  Post your block and someone might be able to give you an answer.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 7
ADD_123
in reply to: drathak

Thanks for the reply. Attaching the block drg for the reference.

Message 4 of 7
drathak

OK.  One thing I see wrong is that you only have one pin, and it isn't in line with your insertion point.  Having only one pin might be right, but is odd.  It wouldn't break a wire if you inserted it on one.

I am attaching how I think you want that block to be.  Note that the left pin (X4TERM01) is at the insertion point and the right pin (X1TERM02) is on a horizontal line with the left one.  The TERM01 & TERM02 attributes just carry the pin numbers.  They can be anywhere as needed.  But the pin attributes (X?TERM##) are what need to be in line with the insertion point.

I also added the rest of the attributes to make it pass the audit.  Leaving some of those out will give an audit error but that won't affect how the symbol acts.

Hope this helps.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 5 of 7
ADD_123

Thanks once again. I have downloaded the block drg sent by you. But i am not able to find out the insertion point defined in that drg. How can i know the insertion point?

I have opened this drg in block editor environment.

Message 6 of 7
drathak

When creating a symbol using the Symbol Builder, the insertion point will always be 0,0,0.  If you have the grid turned on you should see the insertion point where the red & green lines meet as shown in the attached image.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 7 of 7
rhesusminus

Just a little side note....

If your symbol only has one connection point, create just one connection point. This will give you an error in the Symbol Audit, but you can ignore this. The wires WILL break when you insert the symbol on one also.

If the symbol has only ONE terminal, but you'd like to create the symbol so that the wire could be connected from both the left and the right side of the component, just insert two "connection attributes"; X1TERM01 on the right side of the symbol, and X4TERM01 on the left side, and use the TERM01 attribute for the pin number.

I like to tell my students that you should consider the messages in the Symbol Audit as "Warnings", not "Errors".

(And the same goes for the Electrical Audit... Lots of "errors" reported there, tha should be "warnings" instead)

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost