AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap a block project wide

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
flyFisher67
415 Views, 3 Replies

Swap a block project wide

Using AE2012. I'm having an issue with project wide updates. I'm using swap a block as an example. The only project wide feature that is working currently is the title block update.

What is happening is that when I select, for example, a block to swap and then select project wide and the specific drawings to proces, AE does the first drawing only, then stops.

Has anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnq
in reply to: flyFisher67

Hello

You question caught my interest as I have had considerable issues learning this program.

The command does work for me as I had some time and did a test.   I have had problems with this in the past and not bothered with this feature.

I ticked "do all" and it is very slow.    I am on ACE2012 64bit i7 processot 8gb memory.

see added screen shot as this is what I use.

My drawing set is not large and I would normally do it sheet by sheet due to the slow implimentation of the update command.

I did not test if it would swap with a different family.

cheers jq

Message 3 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: johnq

That is strange.

I just ran a small test and inserted a single soleniod on 3 seperate drawings and then used swap block and selected a different solenoid from the menu and  had no trouble updating the 3 drawings.

Are you pulling the drawings from across a network? That will slow things down during project wide functions. It usually is still managable though.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
flyFisher67
in reply to: flyFisher67

Thanks for the replies guys.

It turns out that our CAD administrator had recently added some start-up routines that were interfering with the software. As soon as he removed them, I got full functionality back. I guess that's what you get for having a piper as administrator! 🙂

So problem solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost