AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap/Update titleblock results in error opening the drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Levitech
731 Views, 1 Reply

Swap/Update titleblock results in error opening the drawing

I have updated my title blocks in all the drawings of a project using the Swap/Update Block feature. All seems to work fine and all drawings are updated. I can brose trough the project using next and previous page. But when I open a drawing the following message shows up:

2 errors were found in the drawing file during open.

Would you like to cancel this open?

It is recommended you cancel the open and then run the RECOVER command on the drawing file.

I can solve this by using the AUDIT command and fix anny errors detected.

But I need to update about 1000 drawings and I don't like to type the audit command on each drawing by hand.

Anny sugestions to solve this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Levitech

It sounds like there could be corruption in your replacement block.  Check your block for errors.  Try AutoCAD Audit and Electrical's Drawing Audit.  You can run Drawing Audit project-wide to try and repair existing drawings.

If AutoCAD Audit is the only way to resolve the issue, it is most likely a problem with the DWG file itself, not Electrical related.  If this is the case, create a script file that runs AutoCAD Audit and call this script file from Project Utilities. 

But again, if the issue began after you inserted the new title block file, it may be best to correct it and perform the Swap/Update again.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost